Call for Proposals
FM 2022/23: 25th International Symposium on Formal Methods
Autumn 2022/Spring 2023
Formal Methods Europe (FME) is a worldwide association bringing together researchers and practitioners in formal methods for developing computing systems and software. We aim to encourage both research and application by disseminating research findings and industrial experience through symposia and sponsored events.
FME organises a symposium on Formal Methods every 18 months approximately, attracting participants from all over the world. The 23rd symposium took place in Porto (Portugal), October 2019 as the 3rd world congress on Formal Methods. The 24th symposium will be in Beijing, November 2021 .
FME is now inviting proposals from any research group or institution wishing to host the 25th International Symposium on Formal Methods, which is to be held in either Autumn 2022 or Spring 2023, preferably in Europe (since FM 2021 is planned to take place in Asia).
The co-location of the FM symposium with other conferences and workshops in related areas is welcomed and ideas for such a co-location may be part of the proposal. The format of the symposium foresees for the organisation of related events such as tutorials, displays of tools, products, research projects and publishers.
Important Dates and Information
- April 1, 2021: Optional informal notification of interest
- May 1, 2021: Symposium proposals due.
After submission, proposers must be available to answer queries from the evaluators.
- July 1, 2021: Notification of evaluation results.
Proposals will be evaluated by FME’s board in consultation with the symposium steering group and other members of the association.
- FME and the successful proposers sign a formal contract.
Requirements for Proposals
Proposals should be no more than 4 pages in length and should contain:
- A brief description of why the symposium is of interest to the proposer.
- Information on the potential involvement of relevant industries located in the area around the venue.
- The vision for the event, including its aims, the expected format and scale.
- A description of the relevant qualifications and experience of the proposers, especially regarding conference organisation logistics.
- A description of the facilities that will be available for the symposium and to support the organisers.
- The contact information of the proposed organising committee.
Note that an informative document called ‘A Guide to the FM Symposium’ is available from FME’s website.
Submitting your proposal
Please send your proposal (in PDF format) or any enquiries to email@example.com.