The 4th VerifyThis 2015 Verification Competition will take place as part of the European Joint Conferences on Theory and Practice of Software (ETAPS 2015) on April 12th, 2015 in London, UK.
The aims of the competition are:
- to bring together those interested in formal verification, and to provide an engaging, hands-on, and fun opportunity for discussion, and
- to evaluate the usability of logic-based program verification tools in a controlled experiment that could be easily repeated by others.
The competition will offer a number of challenges presented in natural language. Participants have to formalize the requirements, implement a solution, and formally verify the implementation for adherence to the specification.
There are no restrictions on the programming language and verification technology used. The correctness properties posed in problems will have the input-output behavior of programs in focus. Solutions will be judged for correctness, completeness and elegance.
Prizes will be awarded in the following categories: best team, best student team, tool used by most teams, and distinguished user-assistance tool feature.
The competition is organised by
- Marieke Huisman, U Twente NL,
- Vladimir Klebanov, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology DE, and
- Rosemary Monahan, NUI Maynooth IE.
We are looking forward to a lively competition and welcome your participation in the event.