Call for Proposals
23th International Symposium on Formal Methods
World Congress Autumn 2019
Formal Methods Europe (FME) is a worldwide association bringing together researchers and practitioners in formal methods for developing computing systems and software. We aim to encourage both research and application by disseminating research findings and industrial experience through symposia and sponsored events.
FME organizes a symposium every 18 months approximately. Each symposium attracts participants from all over the world. The 21rd such symposium (fm2016.cs.ucy.ac.cy) has taken place at Cyprus, November 2016. The 22nd symposium will be in Oxford, July 2018 as a federated event of FLoC. Now we invite proposals from any group or institution wishing to host the new major event in 2019.
Twenty years after the world conference held in Toulouse 1999 (FME’99) and ten years after the world conference held in Eindhoven 2009 (FM’09), FME invites proposals for the 23rd International Symposium on Formal Methods (FM’19) to be held in Europe in the autumn of 2019 as a World Conference. Our purpose is to consider the co-location of the FM Symposium with other conferences and workshops in related areas. Ideas for such a co-location as part of the proposal are welcome. Moreover, the format of the symposium foresees for the organization of related events such as tutorials, displays of tools, products, research projects and publishers.
- April 15, 2017: Symposium proposals due. Following submission, proposers should be available to answer queries from the evaluators.
- May 10, 2017: Notification of evaluation results.
Proposals will be evaluated by FME’s board in consultation with the
symposium steering group and other
members of the association. FME and the successful proposers sign a formal contract.
Requirements for Proposals
Proposals should be no more than 4 pages in length and should contain:
- A brief description of why the symposium is of interest to the proposer.
- Information on the potential involvement of relevant industries located in the area around the venue.
- The vision for the event, including its aims, the expected format and scale.
- A description of the relevant qualifications and experience of the proposers, especially regarding conference organization logistics.
- A description of the facilities that will be available for the symposium and to support the organizers.
- The contact information of the proposed organizing committee.
Submitting your proposal
Please send your proposal (in PDF format) and any enquiries to email@example.com.